Location: Columbus, Ohio
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients”. If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Operations Officer is responsible for enforcing parking ordinances by issuing citations in an effective efficient manner, and overseeing the effective operation of the parking facilities on Ohio State’s campus. Interface with customers, handle disputes, provide effective communication between departments, co-workers, customers and clients.
Principal Job Duties:
· Monitor parking meters for vehicles in violation of parking ordinances and issue citations for vehicles in violation in accordance to policies and procedures.
· Accurately key in vehicle license plates and other vehicle information and violation information using hand held ticket issuance system.
· Upload hand held computer at the beginning of every shift to obtain current information required.
· Maintain and care for all company-issued equipment.
· Occasionally interface with University police or other University personnel.
· Provide excellent customer service to all parkers, taking every opportunity to assist with questions and directions.
· Supervise sound business practices that will ensure enhanced revenue control initiatives on a 24/7 basis for a multi-site parking system.
· Monitor garage facilities to ensure continuous operation of the parking machines/systems.
· Supervise and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise from the operation of the system.
· Additional duties as assigned.
· High school diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years in an on-street or routed position preferred
- Experience in customer relations
- Parking industry and/or university operations experience preferred
Additional: MUST OBTAIN VALID DRIVER’S LICENSE
· Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
· Ability to handle challenging and at times, emotionally charged situations.
· Must be able to work unsupervised.
· Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
· Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
· Demonstrates a sense of urgency and timeliness.
· Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
· Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
· Strong computer skills (ability to operate specific software programs and handheld devices).
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Full-Time, Wednesday – Sunday 11 PM – 7 AM
Overtime: Some overtime may be required
Location: OSU Campus
· Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
· Ability to stand/be on feet for long hours at a time.
· Ability to work outside in inclement weather when required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable local, state, or federal law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.