Location: Columbus, Ohio
The United States spends $160 billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Maintenance Director is responsible for overseeing The Ohio State University campus parking system maintenance operation under the direction of the Vice President to ensure a high level of customer service and 24/7 professional maintenance operations management. Responsibilities include leading, managing, and developing the CampusParc maintenance team; directing and/or managing contract vendors; ensuring compliance with M&O agreements and operating standards; serving as liaison to the university regarding maintenance operations compliance; and performing hands-on maintenance and associated projects as necessary.
Principal Job Duties:
· Prepare daily work orders and provide leadership to a team of fourteen responsible for maintenance of the parking system.
· Oversee environmental services team to ensure garages and surface lots maintain designated cleanliness standards.
· Oversee maintenance projects team to ensure that general repairs, special projects, and vehicle assists are managed and performed in a timely and high-quality manner.
· Responsible for contract vendor management for all trades (plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc.) that may be required to fix problems within the parking system.
· Responsible for fleet management and coordination of repair of vehicles and equipment used in maintenance activities.
· Collaborate with events team and Concession manager on the placement of event and space/lot closure signage.
· Collaborate with Concession Manager and University contacts on sign replacement.
· Collaborate with contractors on garage surface lot repair and renewal projects that are identified as part of the capital expenditures project.
· Ensure that the campus is cleaned and safe for staff and visitors to campus after a snow or weather event.
· Verify maintenance schedule for completed daily assignments.
· Ensure that the maintenance of parking meters and parking equipment is in compliance with LAZ Parking’s Operating and Management (O&M) Agreement with our client.
· Ensure that any service requests, including maintenance, removal, and installation of equipment, are completed in a timely manner and within our O&M Agreement’s time lines.
· Assist with keeping an accurate inventory of parts and equipment.
· Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or place of employment.
· Prepare Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Annual reports as required.
· Provide work productivity and other maintenance activity reports as requested by management.
· Ensure that all maintenance procedures outlined in the company’s Standard Operating Procedures manual are followed.
· Ensure that all staff and subcontractors are in compliance with the company’s Standard Operating Procedures as well as policies regarding professionalism, uniforms, and grooming standards.
· Implement and complete other projects, programs, and initiatives that may arise during the course of managing maintenance operations for the Ohio State University parking system.
· Responsible for training of maintenance team on any new technologies required to maintain equipment.
· Managing, planning, scheduling, training, and directing the activities of maintenance staff.
· Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and terminating personnel as necessary.
· Additional duties as assigned.
Education: BA/BS Degree preferred
- 3-5 years in management/supervisory role
- 7+ years in a maintenance role
- Understanding of Environment Health Safety (EHS), including accident investigation, industrial hygiene, life safety, machine guarding, air permitting, wastewater, hazardous waste, property conservation, and worker’s compensation
- Experience with painting, drywall repair, landscaping, and snow removal
- Parking and/or university operations management experience
- Team-building and management skills and abilities
- Strong customer service experience
- Client development and relationship-building experience desired
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to utilize various power tools, drills, cutting saws, electrical equipment
- Knowledge of plumbing and electrical circuits desired
- Capable of reviewing/reading blueprints and understanding and interpreting building codes, laws, and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate with various and multiple constituencies, from executive leadership personnel to functional area staff members
- Experience reporting both detailed and summary-level status for both leadership and functional area leaders/managers
- Experience managing multiple projects and project initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to adapt quickly and effectively to changing priorities and assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; ability to quickly learn and use effectively other software programs, as necessary
- Willingness to work in the elements – heat, wind, snow, rain, etc.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least 45 pounds
- Ability to stand, walk, and run for extended periods of time
- Ability bend, stoop, squat and lift frequently throughout a shift
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 40+ hours per week with the possibility of overtime. Must be available and willing to work weekends, evenings, and nights when needed
Location: OSU Campus
To be hired, all candidates must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen.
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.