Title: Collections Officer
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Reports to: Manager, Ops Meters and Lots
Location: Columbus, Ohio
The US spends $160 billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces from offices all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” If you’re looking to join a growing company led by passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: cash handling and parking equipment
Must hold a valid drivers license
· Process cash collected from Pay and Display and Single Space parking meters through equipment in an efficient and safe manner, ensuring all revenue is accounted for and sent for deposit.
Principal Job Duties:
· Drive a collection vehicle safely and efficiently.
· Ensure collection equipment is in good working order and that seals, keys and revenues are secure at all times.
· Verify collection schedule for daily routes to be completed
· While collecting from equipment, be careful and accurate at all times
· Ensure parking equipment is in good working order and is able to accept payment.
· Collect and organize revenue gathered by various types of equipment.
· Ensure every pay box/meter has been completely emptied before leaving general area.
· Wear the assigned uniform.
· Comply with all security procedures set forth by the Manager, Finance & Accounting.
· Note and report any safety condition relating to equipment or place of employment.
· Ensure the pay box/meters are always secure, with no doors or openings left unsecured.
· Follow all other cash handling procedures
· Additional duties as assigned
Potential Physical Demands:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least 20 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat, and lift frequently throughout a shift.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Hours: 40+ hours per week with the possibility of overtime. Must be available and willing to work evenings, and nights when needed
Location: The Ohio State University Campus
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.