Location: Columbus, Ohio
The US spends $160 Billion per year on highways. Every new car model costs at least $1 Billion to develop. Yet cars spend only 5% of their life time driving. Where do these cars spend the other 95%? PARKED!
LAZ Parking is one of the largest operators in the growing multi-billion dollar US parking industry. Founded in 1981, LAZ operates hundreds of thousands of parking spaces all across the country. When it comes to parking, we’re the experts!
Most importantly, LAZ is a PEOPLE FIRST company with a mission to “create opportunities for our employees and value for our clients.” If you’re looking to join a company led passionate people committed to being the best – contact us today!
The Spirit of the Position:
The Dispatcher is responsible for coordinating internal departments for the effective operation of the parking facilities on The Ohio State University campus. The Dispatcher will provide support to customers, handle disputes, and provide effective communication between departments, co-workers, customers, and clients.
· Utilize sound business practices that will ensure enhanced revenue control initiatives.
· Direct the activities of the frontline staff.
· Coordinate internal departments (maintenance, enforcement, operations and events) to create and maximize productivity, efficiency, and responsiveness to all customer service issues within the parking system.
· Ensure maximum productivity by successfully routing CampusParc staff to designated locations on campus.
· Gather and maintain documentation for garage traffic, staff schedules and staff locations.
· Track operational issues/concerns using a Customer Relations Management System.
· Report customer service and employee performance issues or concerns to appropriate management for resolution.
· Provide excellent customer service to clients, customers and employees.
· Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively.
- Strong computer skills (ability to operate specific software programs) and handheld devices.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted work environment.
- Must be able to work unsupervised.
- Ability to speak, read, and comprehend the English language.
- Must be able to make decisions independently and stay firm on decisions made (not easily persuaded).
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and timeliness.
- Ability to handle challenging and, at times, emotionally charged situations.
- Demonstrate the ability to seek improvement.
- Excellent team building and interpersonal skills.
· Education: High school diploma required.
· Experience: 2+ years in supervisory role
o Parking and/or university operations experience preferred.
o Team-building and management skills.
o Knowledge of 3M garage operating and revenue-collecting equipment preferred.
o Knowledge of T2 software preferred.
o Customer Service experience with use of large phone system.
o Knowledge of The Ohio State University Campus a plus.
· Ability to lift, push and pull at least 25 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential duties/functions.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: This is a full-time position Shift is Monday - Friday 10 AM - 6 PM
Salary: Depends on Experience
Location: The Ohio State University Campus, Columbus, OH
LAZ Parking is an equal opportunity employer. In all our employment practices, including hiring, we are firmly committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetics, Vietnam era, special disabled, recently separated and other protected veterans, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. No question in our application process is used for the process of limiting or excluding any applicant's consideration for employment on such grounds.
LAZ Parking participates in E-Verify.